Description of Program
The Department of Psychology offers an 18-credit certification program in Applied Behavior Analysis. This is a post-masters program designed to be completed in 2 years. In addition to the coursework, students enrolled in the certificate program are required to meet the experience standards set by the Behavior Analysis Certification Board (www.BACB.com). Once all of these requirements are met, students are qualified to take the certification exam to become a Board Certified Behavior Analyst.
Admission Requirements to the Certificate
- Possession of a minimum of a Master's degree from an accredited university that was (a) conferred in behavior analysis, education, or psychology, or (b) conferred in a degree program in which the candidate completed a BACB approved course sequence.
- Applicants who want to be considered for the Graduate Certificate in Behavior Analysis must submit to the College of Graduate and Continuing Education:
- An application for admission (due by February 1st)
- All official transcripts are required from each institution previously attended.
- Two letters of recommendation describing the individual's potential to complete the program.
- PSYC 0633 - Behavioral Consultation
- PSYC 0643 - Ethics for Behavior Analysis
- PSYC 0646 - Principles of Applied Behavior Analysis
- PSYC 0648 - Behavior Analysis Applications: Ethics, Assessment, and Intervention Decisions
- PSYC 0649 - Behavioral Interventions
- PSYC 0651 - Single Subject Research Methodology & Design
Certificate Completion Requirements
Students must complete the six courses (18 credit hours) with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 to earn the certificate. A student who receives a grade of F or two grades below B- may be barred from further enrollment in graduate courses.
Students must complete the Graduate Certificate Program within six years; certificate students may move toward completion at their own pace within this time period. In order to remain a certificate student, the student must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00.