Admissions requirements for MA programs in Psychology- Applied Behavior Analysis:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Applicants with a firm foundation in psychology, education, or related field are highly preferred. [Note - an applicant with a degree in an unrelated field may enhance their application through the successful completion of undergraduate course(s) in Statistics, Child or Adolescent Development, Personality, Abnormal Psychology, Counseling, and/or Behavior Modification, as appropriate to the targeted degree program.]
- A 3.0 overall undergraduate GPA.
- Applicants must submit the Graduate Admissions application specifying Applied Behavior Analysis AND whether they would like to attend full-time or part-time.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended indicating a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Applicants must submit three letters of reference, including at least one academic reference.
- Applicants must submit a personal statement that describes (1) reason for interest in the field, (2) assessment of personal strengths and limitations, and (3) goals of graduate study.
- Applicants must submit a professional vitae or resume, including information on prior and/or current volunteer and /or employment positions. Applicants to the ABA program should indicate whether or not BCBA supervision is available in their current employment setting.
- Applicants selected for interviews must attend a formal interview with members of the graduate admissions committee.
- Applicants may transfer in up to 6 graduate credits toward their degree program. These transferred courses may not count toward BACB-approved core courses in the ABA program.
- In extraordinary circumstances, one or more of the above requirements may be waived by the graduate admissions committee.
Deadlines and Notice of Decision:
Our Master of Applied Behavior Analysis program is available to begin in the Fall semesters only. The application deadline is February 1st of each year. Students can expect a decision on or about April 15. Accepted students may be requested for an interview.
Due to the competitive nature of this program, we require a nonrefundable “competitive program deposit” of $150.00 within 10 days of acceptance. This deposit is used to ensure your space in the program. The deposit is applied to your first registration as a matriculated student in the Fall semester immediately following your acceptance. If we do not hear from you within 10 days, we will assume you have selected an alternative direction, and we will close your matriculation.